BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

We are really close to finishing our international paperwork called the dossier! This Saturday we meet with Trish from All God's Children International (AGCI), Michigan office, for our homestudy. Since Trish is driving from Grand Rapids she is going to stay all day! My mom is coming to pick up the kids since they only need to be here for about an hour and then we will spend the rest of our day talking about our whole entire lives with someone we barely know! I'm not too worried though since I love to talk-this is right up my alley! As soon as our homestudy is written and notarized I am going to drive to our state capitol to have all the entire dossier state certified. Then we send it to Oregon where AGCI is located and we will wait to find out where we are on the wait list for a girl. We should have our "waiting number" by Thanksgiving! As of today their are around 30 families waiting for the referral of a girl. We were told our wait should be around 6 months. It should then take another 4-6 months to finish more paper work, get into and back out of the Guatemalan Gov't, visas, passports all that stuff before we can travel to bring home our newest addition. How exciting is that! Possibly by next Christmas! Oh and as soon as our homestudy is complete we then apply to CIS which is the Citizen and Immigration department which needs to approve us for the adoption of an international child. We will both need to be fingerprinted one more time. Here's an idea, maybe not instead of doing a sex offender search when buying a new home look also for the home with a newly adopted child! My neighbors should feel safe around us! We have had full physicals, two sets of fingerprints searched, a child abuse/offender clearance, had our taxes checked, and had a totaled of 10 references to adopt among other things! I guess we are good to go!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer!

I'm the sister of one of your friends, Lisa Wagner. I stayed at your sister Ann's house last November when my sisters and Maryann crashed her house for a girl weekend. Lisa sent me a link to your blog as my husband and I are also starting the international adoption process (certainly not as far in as you, we're just in the researching countries and such). It'll be fun to read about your progress.

I'm keeping a journal, too, at www.xanga.com/journey2number4.

I hope your homestudy goes well. I'm actually looking forward to doing a homestudy, too, as I love to talk and expect it to be great fun!

Denise Bryant