That's all I've been doing for about a week now. Shopping for the things on my lists (I have 6 of them) and then trying to pack it in zip locs, travel bags, the suit cases. Whoa, it's crazy!! We've been advised to put clothing for each of us in each of our suitcases, incase they all don't make it to Addis Ababa. I want to hear none of that and am praying that the angels are working on the luggage and airline safety stuff for us...seriously. I have bought our little bright (this is part of the meaning of her name...shining light, bright light) three new outfits and ordered her a pair of pink maryjane crocs. "Elizabeth" picked out the buttons to go on them. Super cute. I'll post a picture of them when I get them. Some donations for Hannah's Hope where Bright is are slowly coming in. We had a very nice person give us $50 to help cover our luggage as we assume we will be over in the weight department. That will be so helpful to have that money in hand as we watch the scales at the airport. Which reminds me that we for sure have our flights confirmed and will be gone for 8 days. We fly from Detroit, to Dulles -Wash, to Rome for a fuel up and then onto Addis Ababa. I think it's around 24 hours, with layovers. Same path for the way home. We are getting excited too. Today Martha one of our case workers for AGCI called. She had just returned from Ethiopia for a week and told us all about our little bright. The foods she likes, where she sleeps and what she sleeps with, two stuffies, two pretty ponies and her photo album. The great thing is that we gave her one of those stuffies and one pretty pony and the photo album and she received all three! We also received pictures of her in the outfit we sent. We should have more photos by the end of the week. As soon as we return from our trip I will post them! We are getting ready!!! Only 15 more days! If you would pray please pray for our safety and the luggage. We would love prayers for Bright, that our hearts would be drawn towards each other and that she will soften to us quickly. Please also pray for her birth momma as we plan to go meet her. Talk soon!
j
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Shopping, packing, shopping, packing
Posted by I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN at 7/25/2007 11:29:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment